If you are happy with the simple but elegant features of the Original Duluth Pack, but could really use some extra protection from repetitive intense use, look no further. The Heavy Duty Duluth Packs have all the same great features of the Original, but are instead constructed from an 18-ounce heavy-duty canvas. In addition, both the #3 and #4 size options are built with double bottoms, high quality roller buckles, and extra beefy 1-inch riveted leather flap straps. Each pack includes a 6ml replaceable poly liner and tumpline. Made in USA.
Item No. S-413 #3 Heavy Duty $185
- Dimensions: 26H x 28W
- Capacity: 5,330 cubic inches : 87.34L
- Construction: 18 oz canvas, envelope style design, double bottom, double sewn side seams, leather reinforcements for all rivets and high stress seams, leather 1-inch flap straps, includes M-211 poly liner
Item No. S-414 #4 Heavy Duty $215
- Dimensions: 26H x 28W x 6D
- Capacity: 7,920 cubic inches : 129.79L
- Construction: 18 oz canvas, box pack design, double bottom, double sewn side seams, leather reinforcements for all rivets and high stress seams, leather 1-inch flap straps, includes M-215 poly liner, compatible with 24” basket,
History of this Product
The Heavy Duty #3 and #4 were both developed in response to the demanding prolonged use that the typical outfitter portage pack experiences. While our Original Duluth Pack was more than adequate for a majority of our customers, our canoe trip outfitter friends needed something that could withstand the day in and day out rigors of tough portaging and bushwhacking all season long.